9.06.2009

My First Kit and My First Project!!!!

Okay…so not only was this my first kit as a design team member, this is my first kit ever. Period. I have always wanted to get one, but wasn’t sure. So, first of all…best thing ever. I will NEVER go back. I have never created layouts more painlessly and quickly. No need to hum and haw over papers and embellishments. All done for you. This was the part that I had been not so sure about before, I wondered if I would feel the same creative energy being “limited” by a kit. Answer is a resounding NO. Having the products laid out in front of me I found, wait for it….the opposite. NOt having to expend creative energy on selection, freed up energy towards being creative with what I had in front of me. It has been an absolute joy and a treat to work with this month’s kit. I am seriously thinking that I am going to be able to do about 10 pages with this kit, maybe more. The cool thing is that once your paper is all used up, you will probably have stuff left over to add to your stash.

Anyhow, it is with great pleasure that I get to post this, my first ever kit or design team layout EVER. Hope you all like it!

I also just wanted to remind everyone about the challenge that I am hosting this month for ScrapMuse. You can find the details here. This month, you will be playing for a $25 ScrapMuse Gift Certificate as well as the winning layout being selected as “Layout of the Month” and being featured here on our blog as well as the website. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Enjoy what’s left of the weekend, here in Canada it’s a long weekend, so we still have another day. YAY!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congrats! Beautiful LO. Scrapmuse is a lucky company!

Kiwi The Kreator said...

Congrats to you, mama!!!! Glad you've discovered the wonder of kits! Love that layout!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh I just adore that LO and Scrapmuse is very Lucky to have you!!!! Have a great day!!! :)

Pearl said...

awesome work you do ! you oughta be on more DTs !!

Sarah Lou said...

I love and adore the twisted ribbon! This LO tugs at my heart! You are not alone ( im a new kitter as well!)