2.05.2009

Cheap thrills with Beef Tubes

This was David's idea of a $20 joke the other evening. He came home with a 1000 lb. tube of beef and I will spare you the horrifying details of what exactly he did with that tube when he presented it to me.

Scale:

Ella and I went to the Carp library today for story time. She was very shy, but eventually sat at the table with the other kids to colour.
Building a tower:


I found this book "Grumpy Bird" by Jeremy Tankard at the library. I fell in love with it at first sight. The illustrations are amazing. Love the bright, bold colours. Will have to see if he has more.Each page uses a variety of different techniques and media to illustrate the story. Gorgeous!!!
EDIT: Just searched him and one of the stories that they read during story time was also by Jeremy Tankard. It is called "Me Hungry". It's funny because when it was being read, I was quite impressed by the humour of the story. Most of the grown-ups were chuckling during. SO, I am OFFICIALY recommending this awesome writer/illustrator to everyone!
Here's a link to his website: http://www.jeremytankard.com/index.html

0 comments: